Sunday, October 23, 2005

Why did Hitler like The General?


When I was small, I always picked the doll that looked most like me in the toy store. Perhaps the dust jacket of the first edition might give us some insight into Hitler's initial attraction to the novel... (I get that this might not have been the jacket Hitler had, but still...)

(More interesting info: a nice copy of this edition w/ jacket will set you back at least 800$ US, while The African Queen 1srt ed. similar condition can cost as much as a brand new car)

2 Comments:

Blogger madmouth said...

A prescient tantasy of resembling legendary rock star Freddie Mercury? Who wouldn't?

9:59 PM  
Blogger K. Larson said...

Wow, it does look like the lead singer of Queen... Huh.... (Horrible image of Hitler singing We Champions flashing through my head)

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home